So to leave you with a festive recipe for the weekend, I present the:
So Delish Summer Orzo Salad.Ingredients:
- orzo, 1 box
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small squash or zucchini, sliced
- feta cheese
- corn (off da husk, frozen, canned, whatevs)
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- fresh herbs, as desired
- salt 'n' pepa
- Following directions on the box and common pasta-making sense, cook the orzo to al dente. Drain, rinse with cool water and set aside.
- Saute the sliced squash/zucchini in a smidge of olive oil until tender. S&P it.
- Add the sauteed squash, corn, chopped onion and chopped pepper together in a large bowl. Now stir in the orzo and feta (lotsa feta). Lightly drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette. Season to taste.
And we're off for a weekend of campfires, bugspray, cherry muffins and rain jackets. Pray we don't need the rain jackets as much as they're predicting.