But if you are looking to do a little shopping, here are a few suggestions that help you avoid the malls and big-box stores.
- papernstitch has a great round-up of Black Friday sales and specials happening throughout the handmade world.
- Etsy makes it easy for you to find Black Friday & Cyber Monday specials, and don't miss their Holiday Gift Guide With A Merry Mishap.
- Local readers can head over to the 3rd Annual Tight Knit Black Friday Handmade Holiday Shopping Extravaganza tonight (11/26) from 5-10pm in Troy.
- Even American Express has a heart this Black Friday (maybe): Small Business Saturday.
- Locals can also check out the Fair Trade Market today and tomorrow in Delmar.
- And have you heard about Green Gift Monday? Read more here at the alternative consumer and find the Nature Conservancy's gift guide here.
Cozy Winter Hat, Sage Green ($35 regularly, $29.75 on sale!)
And if you're in the market for some cozy hats, scarves & accessories, you can take advantage of my humble sale by entering the coupon code "BLACKFRIDAY2010" at checkout to save 15% off all purchases through Monday, November 29. Two dollar shipping special still applies for domestic orders.