Parmesan-Scallion Pastry Pinwheels
(from Real Simple)
- 2 packages of frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup grated or shredded Parmesan
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold the pastries and brush with beaten egg. On each sheet, sprinkle on the scallions, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and a dash of salt and pepper. Roll tightly into a log. Seal together by brushing a tiny bit of water along the rolled up edge to help it stick. Freeze until firm but sliceable, about 20 minutes.
- Slice the logs into 1/4"-1/2" thick rounds and place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan on top of each and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature. They can be baked up to half a day in advance and stored at room temperature, perfect for after-work holiday parties! (Real Simple says they can also be frozen for up to a week.)